Monday, October 4, 2010

The Bun is Back!!!

When my hair was relaxed, my go to style was my donut bun. I would wear my hair down a few days then bun it the rest of the week till my next wash. I am not going to lie to you, I missed it so much after my big chop. It was easy and convenient. Since being natural, I had not had a style I felt that way about until now! 

Close up of my bun!

I had just been assuming my hair was to short to bun since my relaxed hair had to have considerable length for a decent bun. While experimenting the other day I was shocked to find how wrong I was. So what does that mean? New protective style for me y'all!

My bun was achieved with a mesh donut and two elastics. It literally took about 2 minutes. As another added benefit this style prevents me from playing with my hair non stop. The bun is also a great style for transitioners with medium to long hair.Hopefully, I will be able to do a youtube tutorial on how I achieved this look, soon. So be on the look out!

What is your favorite protective style? Have you tried bunning?

2 comments:

  1. I tried a bun this morning after our conversation last night (went out and bought a donut)....#Fail...so I opted for the bun you posted on facebook via youtube and that worked. Since I didn't have time to play with the donut (I was already running late for work), I'll try it again when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Nikki, I will try to do a tutorial soon, so I can show you what I did.

    ReplyDelete